SunPower® Rooftop Solar Solutions
SunPower can turn an ordinary rooftop into a solar power plant. With SunPower high-efficiency, integrated PV roof tiles, distributed generation can be quickly deployed by utilities to produce more energy for lower costs.
Understanding the Market Opportunity for Solar Rooftop Power Generation
Wholesale distributed PV power generation allows utilities to:
- Own and operate solar power plants on rooftops
- Benefit from tangible economic and technical benefits, including reduced line losses and grid support
- Minimize environmental impacts and greatly simplify land-use permitting – reducing risk, lowering costs, and accelerating project design and construction of photovoltaic power plants
- Partner with customers in deploying clean, renewable solar energy
- Provide economic benefits to customers by compensating them for access to their roofs for a utility-owned solar power plant
- Empower the community by making them part of the solution by locally installing solar PV rooftop systems
SunPower T5 Solar Roof Tile
SunPower makes it simple to install and bring online a rooftop solar system, using its SunPower T5 Solar Roof Tile. Designed especially for space-constrained, load-sensitive rooftops, the T5 is the first photovoltaic rooftop product to combine solar panel, frame, and mounting system into a single, pre-engineered unit. Durable, lightweight, and using the high-efficiency SunPower E19/318 photovoltaic solar panel, the T5 Solar Roof Tile is durable, lightweight, and aerodynamic. Best of all for the owners of rooftop solar power generation systems, T5 Solar Roof Tile installs without penetrating the roof membrane.
Lower Your Installed Costs with the SunPower® T5 Solar Roof Tile
Run the numbers. The SunPower T5 Solar Roof Tile requires no special tools, and because it combines panels and mounting, it can be installed about twice as fast as conventional mounting products. Simplified deployment coupled with 19.5% high-efficiency photovoltaic solar panels means lower fixed and balance of system (BOS) costs over the lifetime of your rooftop solar power plant.