Benefits of Offering Solar Energy on New Homes
- Homebuyers can receive a one-time federal tax credit equal to 30% of the system price, often $5,000 or more.**
- Solar power systems from SunPower can protect against rising energy costs, lower monthly electric bills and help predict monthly expenses.
- A residential solar system can increase the resale value of a home.
- The price of a new residential solar system can be financed with a mortgage. Given today’s ultra-low interest rates, financing solar energy has never made more sense.
- Most new home communities with solar also install other energy efficiency features that complement the performance of a solar system and further reduce utility bills.
- Homeowners are guaranteed to save money while helping the environment by using clean, renewable energy.
The World's Standard For Solar™
A SunPower system also comes with our 25-year performance warranty, so your homebuyers get the peace of mind of knowing an established and proven company will be with them every step of the way. From manufacturing to installation and performance monitoring, SunPower delivers reliable, renewable clean solar energy.
Happy Homeowners are Contagious
When it comes to selling solar home installations, word-of-mouth and personal referrals are some of the most effective sales tools. A recent survey of owners of new homes with SunPower solar systems indicates that 92 percent would recommend a new solar powered home to a friend.* Solar homeowners are proud to be lowering their energy costs and enjoy making a positive environmental impact. And they’re eager to encourage others to follow their lead.
Here are some of the many reasons why new homeowners are bragging about their SunPower solar systems:
* Source: SunPower Customer Satisfaction Survey, 2010
** Specific incentives are dependent on system size and location. Consult your tax advisor to understand how these benefits apply to your facts and circumstances
There’s No Better Time to Sell Solar
Government incentives and increasing demand for energy efficient solar homes make purchasing a solar home a great investment opportunity for homebuyers. Our SunPower STANDARD Solar program enables builders to sell solar as a standard feature.
With built-in residential solar systems included in their new homes, builders can focus on communicating the benefits of solar homes: saving on monthly utility bills and the 30% federal tax credit received by homebuyers for owning a solar system. Homebuyers can rest assured that they have made a sound investment decision.