SunPower offers energy monitoring as part of a solar system package for your home or business. To learn more, contact us today at 1-800-SUNPOWER (1-800-786-7693).
Already have a SunPower monitoring system installed? Login here:
OFFICIAL RULES. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THE PROMOTION.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Participation constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance
of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and judges, which shall be final and binding on all matters relating to the Promotion.
1) Promotion Description/Timing: The Solar Discovery Game (the “Promotion”) contains a sweepstakes element with bi-weekly random drawings (“Sweepstakes”) and a contest where participants have the opportunity to accumulate points in the form of panels (“panels”) to win the Contest Grand Prize (“Contest”). The Promotion begins at 12:00:01 am Pacific Time (“PT”) on June 21, 2011 and ends 11:59 p.m. PT on September 14, 2011 (the “Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s clock is the official timekeeping device for this Promotion.
2) Eligibility: Open only to legal residents of the 50 U.S. and D.C., who are the legal age of majority in their state of residence as of date of participation. Employees, directors and officers of SunPower Corporation (“Sponsor” or “SunPower”), and any of their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiary companies, and advertising and promotion agencies (collectively the “Contest Entities”) and members of the immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside), and/or those living in the same household of any of the foregoing are not eligible. Void in Puerto Rico and everywhere else outside the 50 U.S. and D.C. and where prohibited, or otherwise restricted by law. Subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
3) How To Enter the Promotion: There is NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to participate in the Promotion. A purchase does not increase your chances of winning. During the Promotion Period, you may access the Promotion by visiting the Promotion application on the SunPower® Facebook Page at http://www.facebook.com/sunpower (“Site”). From the Facebook Page, accept the Promotion Application (the “Application”), click that you “Like” SunPower and complete the on-screen registration form to enter the Promotion and receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry. Limit one (1) Sweepstakes entry per person. To participate in the Contest portion and accumulate panels (as described above), you may do the following (as listed on the Site also): Registered participants must log-in using the e-mail address provided during registration and answer trivia questions correctly as follows: the first question answered correctly will earn the participant a badge (worth 10 panels). There are 3 levels of questions, easy (5 panels per question); medium (10 panels per question); hard (15 panels per question). 50 questions will be provided on the Site initially. During subsequent weeks, additional questions will be provided on the Site. Answering questions correctly is not the only way a Participant gains panels. There will also be a “Find answer” link for each question. Participants can find an answer to a question by clicking on the link. Participants will receive one (1) panel for each click on this link if the participant answers the question correctly. The participant will not receive one (1) panel if he/she answers the question incorrectly. There will also be a total of five (5) Power Questions included at random times throughout the Promotion Period and if a participant answers each Power Question correctly, he/she will receive 50 bonus panels per Power Question. You may also share the Promotion on Twitter by using the “Share” functionality on the “Site”.
By entering, you understand that you will be receiving future contest communications from Sponsor during the duration of the Contest. You may opt-out of communications at any time by following the unsubscribe link in the email. Answers must be correct to receive the applicable panels. All eligible Sweepstakes entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. PT on each of the following dates, to be eligible for that corresponding bi-weekly drawing and all subsequent bi-weekly drawings, if any: June 28, 2011; July 19, 2011; August 2, 2011; August 16, 2011; August 30, 2011; September 6, 2011. Entries will be carried forward into subsequent bi-weekly drawings, if any. All eligible Contest points in the form of panels must be received by 11:59 p.m. PT on September 14, 2011 to eligible for the Grand Prize winner determination. Use of computer programs and other automatic means to enter/participate in the Promotion is prohibited. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries/panels by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such entries/panels and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your on-line service may apply.
5) Grand Prize Winner Determination: The participant that accumulates the most overall panel points (as described on the Website and in Rule #3) wins the Grand Prize, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. In the event of a tie, the tied participants (“finalists”) will be announced by September 16, 2011 and the finalists will be notified by SunPower via the email address the participant provided at the Contest registration by September 16, 2011. The finalists will participate in a tiebreakber event on September 21, 2011 at 10:00 AM PDT. A series of new questions will be loaded into the game application, and the finalist who answers the most questions correctly in the shortest time wins the Grand Prize, subject to verification. The Grand Prize winner will be publicly announced on/about October 10, 2011. Winner determination will be made by Sponsor, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the Promotion.
6) Bi-Weekly Sweepstakes Random Drawings: Bi-weekly winners will be selected in separate bi-weekly random drawings from among all eligible Sweepstakes entries received by the end of each bi-weekly period, on or about each of the following dates: June 29, 2011; July 21, 2011; August 4, 2011; August 18, 2011; September 1, 2011; and September 8, 2011. Drawings will be conducted by Sponsor, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the Promotion. Odds of winning a bi-weekly prize are dependent upon the number of eligible Sweepstakes entries received by the end of each bi-weekly period during the Promotion Period. All bi-weekly Sweepstakes prizes will be awarded and winners will be notified by email.
7) Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARV”): (1) Grand Prize: Winner will receive a complete SunPower solar energy system installation worth up to $25,000 plus $5,000, awarded as a check to help defray winner’s tax liability. Prize value will depend upon winner’s needs and the installer. The ARV of the Grand Prize is $30,000. Bi-Weekly Sweepstakes Prizes (Prizes per period, as follows):
Random Drawing Date / Prize / Quantity / ARV
June 29, 2011 / Del Monte branded Flip Camera provided by Del Monte / 4 / $100
Winners: Odd-Arne F. (Millington, TN), Rawson S. (Minneapolis, MN), Chellie M. (Waipahu, HI), Danny K. (Morris, MI)
June 29, 2011 / Del Monte branded Bag provided by Del Monte / 4 / $10
Winners: Richard F. (West Monroe, LA), Jesse C. (Seattle, WA), Eric K. (New York, NY), Kim M. (White Plains, MD)
June 29, 2011 / SunPower Water Bottle provided by Sponsor / 2 / $10
Winners: Jason C. (Albuquerque, NM), Tiffany S. (Winthrop, WA)
June 29, 2011 SunPower Solar Revolution T-Shirt provided by Sponsor 2 $10
Winners: Dan L. (Barryton, MI), Chris K. (Buckeye, AZ)
June 29, 2011 / BART Tickets by Bay provided by Bay Area Rapid Transit / 2 / $50
Winners: Paul T. (New Orleans, LA), Michael V. (Hadley, NY)
July 21, 2011 / $50 Gap gift card provided by Jersey Garden Malls / 1 / $50
Winner: Michael J-O. (Los Angeles, CA)
July 21, 2011 / $25 Corning Revere gift card provided by Jersey Garden Malls / 1 / $25
Winner: Sean H. (Lowell, MA)
July 21, 2011 / Two (2) tickets to the California Academy of Sciences provided by California Academy of Sciences (“CAS”) / 2 / $60
Winners: Bianca D. (Concord, NH), Andrea D. (Emily, MN)
July 21, 2011 / SunPower Bike Jersey provided by Sponsor / 2 / $100
Winners: Mike H. (Union City, CA), Cathy P. (Blaine, MN)
August 4, 2011 / Two (2) Hawaiian Airline Tickets provided by Hawaiian Airlines / 1 / $800
August 4, 2011 / Del Monte branded Water Bottle provided by Del Monte / 8 / $10
Winners: Catherine H. (Johnson City, TN), Jerry S. (Honolulu, HI), John T. (Eureka, CA), Christy D. (Hopatcong, NJ), Ari M. (San Jose, CA), Scott F. (San Francisco, CA), David W. (Duluth, MN), Sharon L. (San Francisco, CA)
August 4, 2011 / eBay Rickshaw Messenger Bag provided by eBay / 2 / $70
Winners: Tammera W. (Renton, WA), Stephanie T. (Bedford, NH)
August 4, 2011 / BART Tickets provided by Bay Area Rapid Transit / 2 / $50
Winners: Nicole L. (Greenville, NC), Kenneth B. (Hayward, CA)
August 18, 2011 / Two (2) tickets to the California Academy of Sciences provided by CAS / 2 / $60
Winners: Kelly Y. (Antioch, CA), Wayne L. (Washington, DC)
August 18, 2011 / $50 Jersey Garden Malls gift card provided by Jersey Garden Malls / 1 / $50
Winner: Jennifer P. (Angola, IN)
August 18, 2011 / $50 Aerosoles gift card provided by Jersey Garden Malls / 1 / $50
Winner: Karen B. (Chesterfield, MO)
August 18, 2011 / Del Monte branded Bag provided by Del Monte / 4 / $10
Winners: Andrew E. (Washington, DC), Christy D. (Hopatcong, NJ), Tan N. (Westminster, CA), Laura G. (Vernon, TX)
August 18, 2011 / eBay Rickshaw Messenger Bag provided by eBay / 2 / $70
Winners: Ramon M. (Saint Martinville, LA), Lois S. (Syracuse, NY)
September 1, 2011 / Del Monte branded Flip Camera provided by Del Monte / 4 / $100
Winners: MJ S. (Boston, MA), Lynne M. (Klamath Falls, OR), Mark L. (Felton, CA), Abigail F. (Durham, NC)
September 1, 2011 / Del Monte branded Coffee Mug provided by Del Monte / 8 / $5
Winners: Doug T. (Benton, IL),Rod H. (Plymouth, NH), Max L. (Agoura Hills, CA), Shawna O. (Rancho Cordova, CA), Fred G. (Portland, ME), Matthew G. (Chandler, AZ ), Susan P-D. (Edison, NJ), Anne Z. (Middlesex, NJ)
September 1, 2011 / SunPower Solar Revolution T-Shirt provided by Sponsor 2 / $10
Winners: Heather B. (Crossville, TN), Yazmine H. (Ypsilanti, MI)
September 8, 2011 / Del Monte Yumkin provided by Del Monte / 8 / $10
Winners: Dan W. (Jupiter, FL), John P. (Pasadena, TX), Berni D. (San Antonio, TX), Martin L. (Austin, AR), Stephen B. (Lakeland, FL), Matt O. (Clermont, FL), Hung N. (Portland, OR), Paul M. (Medford, NY)
September 8, 2011 / SunPower Bike Jersey provided by Sponsor / 2 / $100
Winners: George C. (Oakland, CA), Mike F. (Hendersonvile, NC)
September 8, 2011 / SunPower Water Bottle provided by Sponsor / 2 / $10
Winners: Jean T. (Honolulu, HI), Bobby P. (Muncie, IN)
Gift Cards subject to restrictions and expiration dates may apply. Prizes are awarded “as is” without any warranty or guarantee of any kind. The 80,000 HawaiianMiles prize has an approximate retail value of $800, and may vary based on point of departure and dates of travel. The prize is sufficient for roundtrip travel for two between any U.S. Mainland airports directly serviced by Hawaiian Airlines and Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. and must be used by June 20, 2012. Certain restrictions and blackout dates may apply.
To claim the prize, winner must be a member of the HawaiianMiles program (sign-up is free and can be done by going to www.hawaiianairlines.com). Members must adhere to program’s guidelines when using HawaiianMiles.
Further details on redeeming the prize will be outlined in the prize letter that will be sent to the winner.
In order to win the Grand Prize, the winner must own his/her own home and reside in a SunPower dealer coverage area. Following is the link that outlines SunPower’s dealership coverage area: http://us.sunpowercorp.com/homes/how-to-buy/solar-installers/. In the event the winner is already a SunPower owner, he/she can do an add-on to his/her existing system (up to $25,000). Arrangements are in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Grand Prize is transferable to another person (who meets eligibility requirements) if winner does not own a house or decides not to install to his/her house, the prize can get transferred to the winner’s designated household/organization. Only one transfer allowed. If the winner cannot accept the prize for any reason, an alternate will be determined and contacted. Grand Prize winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and all other costs and expenses associated with prize not specified herein as being awarded and winner should consult with his/her accountant for exact tax implications for a prize of this nature. Hawaiian Airlines Ticket winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on the actual value of the prize. Bi-weekly Prizes are non-transferable. No substitution or cash equivalent permitted by any winner. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute portions of the Grand Prize (or any other prize) with one of comparable or greater value. All prize details are at Sponsor’s discretion.
8) Winner Notification/Grand Prize Conditions: Potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by email within 2 business days of the winner determination and will be required to respond to the email within 48 hours of first notification. If winner does not respond by that date, an alternate will be determined and contacted the same way. Winner who is confirmed (as stated above) must respond stating that they wish to redeem the prize by no later than September 28, 2011. The Potential Grand Prize winner will then be required to execute and return via email/mail, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability/Publicity Release (where permitted by applicable law) within 3 days of notification attempt or the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be determined. Once winner is confirmed Sponsor will provide the information of the dealer/installer in winner’s area, so winner may begin prize arrangements. The installer will be one of SunPower’s dealers that they deem qualified for the installation. All SunPower solar installers are rigorously trained, providing careful and timely installation and responsive service. A SunPower® solar panel installer will visit the winner’s home to conduct a residential solar energy assessment and develop a customized proposal tailored to the winner’s energy needs, location of his/her house, and style of roof. All aspects of the home solar installation will be handled by the SunPower solar energy installer including permitting, tax incentive applications, testing and connection. Panel type will be determined upon availability. SunPower does not guarantee a certain panel type. However, the installation will be with SunPower high efficiency solar panels. SunPower conducts solar energy installation quality checks to ensure the product is up to their standards. The panels would come with a 25 year warranty. There is also a 10-year warranty on Workmanship. The Winner may choose to include SunPower® Monitoring System as a part of the complete SunPower solar energy system installation. The Potential Hawaiian Airlines Prize winner will be contacted via email/mail and will be required to execute and return via email/mail, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability/Publicity Release (where permitted by applicable law) within 10 days of notification attempt or the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. Return of any Bi-Weekly prize/prize notification/affidavit as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. It is the sole responsibility of the participant to notify the Sponsor in writing if the participant changes his or her e-mail, phone number or postal address during or shortly after the Promotion Period. The participant can contact SunPower via email@example.com. By accepting the Grand Prize, winner agrees that Sponsor may take photographs or video footage of the winner’s home before, during and after installation (“footage”) and the rights to the footage belong to the Sponsor, in their sole discretion. Winner acknowledges and agrees that the footage is property of the Sponsor, which thereby has the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, promote and otherwise use footage in any way it sees fit. Acceptance of any prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use winners’ names and/or likenesses and footage (as applicable) for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, including a winners’ list, unless prohibited by law.
9) General Rules: In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Promotion materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. The Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Application or the Promotion or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries/panels in the Promotion or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with the Application or Promotion. In the event of a dispute as to any online participant, the authorized account holder of the account used to register will be deemed to be the participant. Winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the account associated with the entry/panels. Proof of entering information via the Application does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt of such information. Sponsor and/or its agencies are not responsible for the failure of any email or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or congestion on the internet or at any website. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or Application; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion or Application may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion or Application, then the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel the Promotion and determine the winners from among all eligible entries received and panels accumulated prior to cancellation. By participating in the Promotion, the entrant agrees that Sponsor, Administrator, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, agents, retailers, advertising and Promotion agencies, and all of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees and assigns, members, representatives and agents, will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by entrant for any liability for any bodily injury, loss, cost or damages of any kind to persons, including death or property damages sustained due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entry creation, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize or parts thereof, if applicable or participation in the Promotion or participation in any Promotion related activity. By participating in the Promotion, you hereby represent and warrant that you have read these Official Rules and are fully familiar with its contents. The Promotion and the Official Rules shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of California, without regard to conflicts of law provisions. Entrants submit to exclusive personal jurisdiction in California and agree that any dispute shall be brought in the state and federal courts in California.
10) Winners: For the names of the winners, available after September 30, 2011, click on the winners link from the SunPower page.
11) Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Promotion is SunPower Corporation, 77 Rio Robles, San Jose, CA 95134.
This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used in the event you are determined as a winner or if you have indicated that you would like to receive additional information from Sponsor.